In a Fostering Marriage, you’re faced with stressors, emotional struggles and hard decisions that can chip away at unity. Learn how to keep or create unity in the midst of challenges.
If you listened to Episode 0, welcome back and we’re thrilled you’re here!
- If you didn’t listen to episode 0, go listen because we share a little about why we’re doing this show and who we are
In this episode, we’re talking about how to keep or create unity in a Fostering Marriage
- Why is this so important?
- What holds couples back from greater unity?
Key #1 - Prioritizing connection
Create the time and space away from the kids to…
How couples drift away from prioritizing connection…
What happens when we don’t connect as couples
Key #2 - Quality communication
We’re gonna talk a ton about communication on this show….
We're gonna talk a lot about personality styles and communication…
The point we want to make today is constantly work on your communication…
- Slow down and practice patience
- Pay attention to your tone - being careful of accusations/ controlling in how you speak
- Gain perspective/Ask questions
- Remember you’re on the same team
Key #3 - Be generous to each other
What does that mean?
- Giving, sacrificing, not being selfish
Being graceful and understanding of each other’s struggles
Be generous in how you view the other person
- Shut down judgment, bitterness, resentment, victim mentality
- Serve each other
- Not everything has to be compromise…
Three keys to focus on to keep or create unity are:
- Prioritize connection
- Quality communication
- Be generous to each other