In this episode, we’re talking about supporting each other in the struggles of fostering in a wholistic perspective.
- Home life (chores, responsibilities, etc. )
- Foster duties such as insurance, appointments, etc.
- The spouse who’s NOT taking on more task encouraging the other to take a break
- Keeping health and fitness a priority
- Keeping intimacy a priority
- Keeping relationship with God THE priority as individuals
- Praying together
- Practicing faith - speak to trusting God when you don’t know something is going to go
- Examples - the future of the kids, will we lose them, will this adoption happen
- Doing the things that replenish and rejuvenate you
- When you’re struggling with a super difficult child
- Practicing living with suffering and daily dying to self
- When you’re struggling with losing a child
- Seeking help if you need it
- Important of grace
Your support of each other is more powerful when you’re supporting the whole person.
Mentioned in this episode:
Sign up for free conversation guides.
Turn listening into connection by signing up for free conversation guides to accompany every episode of the Fostering Marriage podcast.